Annals of the University of Petrosani - Electrical Engineering
The Journal “Annals of the University of Petrosani Electrical Engineering" is an academic publication in Romania in the field of electrical engineering. The journal is published annually by the University of Petrosani, Faculty of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering by the Universitas Publishing House with ISSN 1454-8518.
The Journal is continuing the tradition of the Electrical Engineering Section of "Scientific Papers of the Mining Institute of Petrosani" in Romanian with a rich history going back to 1970 but under this title and electronic form edited entirely in English appeared for the first time in 1999.
Our scope: The publication has the aim to promote new ideas and results of the research effort of the educational and research staff. In this frame it can be seen as a mirror of research activity not only of professors or PhD students, but also of different members of the scientific community worldwide. Technical papers with applied purposes are also encouraged for publication.
The main objective is to disseminate the current results of fundamental and applied research of the members of the faculty. The editorial and advisory board encourages the collaboration with other researchers from different universities in the country or outside the country. In this frame our intention is to transform our national journal in an international one.
The Journal is issued under the direction of a local editorial board and with the valuable help of editorial and scientific committee formed by high-level professional academic people from the main technical universities over the country and abroad.
Electromagnetic fields, Renewable energies, Electrical machines and drives, Electrical technologies, Power electronics, Motion control hardware and software, Micro-electromechanics, Power electrical mining networks, Equipments and electrical mining systems, Industrial process control, Industrial electrical power systems, Power Electronics, Electromagnetic compatibility, Machine Intelligence, Instrumentation and Measurement, Circuits and Devices, Microcontrollers and PLC, Robotics, Data acquisition, Virtual Instrumentation, Programmable Devices and Embedded Systems, System Control, Intelligent Systems, Microwaves, Nanotechnology, Neural Networks, Pattern Analysis, Sensors and Transducers, Software Engineering, Modeling and simulation, Circuits and Systems, Computer-Aided Design, Computer Graphics, Computers Architecture, Electronic Devices, Electronic and Communication Systems, Electronic Design, Image Processing, Industrial Electronics, Speech Processing, Testing, VLSI, Wireless Technology.
The Journal is indexed in:
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory TM, Link
Romanian National Council of Scientific Research in Higher Education (CNCSIS) is rating the journal in C category.
Guidelines for Editorial Decisions
The Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts based on original research that are judged to make a novel and important contribution to understanding of processes. Manuscripts that fall outside these editorial guidelines may be declined without full review.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal. We expect papers to be submitted in a state ready for publication, but without the name and affiliation (blinded).
A paper is judged in the state that it is submitted. The members of the Editorial Board are checking first the originality of the paper using plagiarism detectors. If no clear sign of plagiarism is detected, the paper is delivered for reviewing. All contributions are reviewed by two members of the Advisory or Editorial Board.
The reviewers are filling in an evaluation form. Each reviewer evaluates the paper in three possible categories:
- Accept in present form (might include some marked-up minor typo/grammatical changes);
- Accept but author should consider suggested revisions;
- Decline. If one of the reviewers declines the paper, indicating clearly the reason (plagiarism, serious scientific errors), the paper is rejected automatically.
In special cases, when a split decision of reviewers on a specific paper is pending, the Editor in Chief can ask to the author to resubmit the paper, after a serious revision, based on reviewers’ observations. Accepted authors are sending the paper (with name and affiliation) in final format (camera ready), Copyright Form and a proof of publication fee payment* (scanned copy).
Before a manuscript is published, the corresponding or primary author will be required to review and approve page proofs of the manuscript. (Authors will be contacted by e-mail when their proofs are available in PDF format for downloading and printing.) Authors are responsible for checking their proofs for accuracy and for clearly marking any corrections on the proofs. Please note that only major errors can be corrected at the page proof stage. The Journal team assumes no responsibility for data or text errors printed in the Journal if authors do not correct such errors on their proofs. Failure to return proofs promptly, as outlined in instructions provided with the proofs, may delay publication of the manuscript.
The Journal is intended to serve those occupationally involved in subjects it covers and through the publication of timely and reliable information in several formats:
Technical papers should contain new theoretical and test (implementation) results in rather detailed fashion. Of particular interest are topics that are relevant to science and technology issues and problems emerging from contemporary directions in regulatory policy-making.
Notebook papers offer a forum for rapid disclosure of new technical or administrative studies, or for significant comment on previously published papers. Publication of a Notebook paper will not preclude later consideration of a technical paper on the subject. If the Notebook paper is a comment on a previously published paper, the Notebook paper will be published with a reply from the author(s) of the previously published paper.
Review papers synthesize existing research and define problems to be addressed by future research. Reviews should be critical in nature while noting the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of current knowledge.
In reviewing process, please consider the following aspects as you evaluate the overall quality of the manuscript.
- Importance: Is the content important to the relevant field and of interest to the journal's readers?
- Originality: Does the paper present new, innovative or insightful information? Does it reflect current information on this topic?
- Clarity: Is the purpose of the paper apparent or stated in the introductory section? Are any areas vague or difficult to understand? Are there any contradictions or inconsistencies? Does the paper stay focused?
- Arrangement: Are ideas developed and related in a logic sequence? Are transitions between discussions smooth and easy to follow? Is the content consistent with the purpose of the paper?
- Accuracy: Is any information in the paper inaccurate? Are interpretations and conclusions sound? Has the author accurately characterized what referenced literature relates? Do math or text errors appear in figures or tables?
- Methodology: Appropriateness of approach or experimental design, adequacy of analytic or experimental techniques. Methods adequately described? Appropriate?
- Results: Results relevant to problem posed? Credible? Well presented? Relevance of the figures and table, clarity of legends and titles.
- Interpretation: Soundness of discussion and conclusions. Interpretation and conclusions warranted by the data? Reasonable speculation?
- References: Do the references represent authoritative sources of information? Have the most current references on this topic been included?
|Full paper submission||1st September|
|Notification of review outcome||1st November|
|Volume publishing||1st December|
Encourage authors to prepare manuscripts according to the instructions of writing [Download]
- The article should be up to 20 pages (10MB) comprising:
- The font should be 11 pt times new roman with 11 pt headings (bold)
- The sub headings should be italic (Not Bold)
- The manuscript must be in single line spacing
- An abstract should be fewer than 200 words containing the main results and conclusions
- Up to ten keywords that accurately identify the paper’s subject, purpose and focus
- Materials and methods with sufficient full experimental detail. Sources of material must be given and statistical methods must be specified by reference, unless non-standard
- Use SI units wherever possible. In case of other units the equivalent units should be written in the brackets e.g. 1kgf (9.8N)
- Results should be presented concisely, using well-designed tables and tables should not be drawn with line drawing and similarly the figures
- Write name of the table above the table and name of the figure below figure
- Discussion should cover the implications and consequences, not merely summarize the results and conclusions should be concise
- Acknowledgement should be brief and meaningful, insignificant formalities should be avoided
- References should be given in brackets.
The official language of the Journal is English.
Though Annals of the University of Petrosani - Electrical Engineering accept direct paper proposals, it prefers papers already presented at International Conferences organized by our university.
University of Petrosani, Romania - All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. Open access content may be employed for personal use only indicating clearly the source.
No responsibility is assumed by the publisher or by the copyright owner for any injury and/or damage to persons and property as a matter of any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained herein.
Page Charges and Reprints
Papers published in the Journal are subject to page charges. Payment must be received before manuscripts can be published. In lieu of hardcopy reprints, primary authors will receive a PDF copy of the published paper for limited distribution—rights and limitations will be conveyed along with PDF. Authors interested in hardcopy reprints in booklet format may order them using the form included on the standard page charge invoice (which is e-mailed with proof copies of the manuscript), or by calling the Journal's main office.
As a condition of publication, all authors must transfer copyright to the Journal. Manuscripts submitted under multiple authorship are reviewed on the assumption that all listed authors concur in the submission and that the final version has been seen and approved by all authors.
Allegations of fraud or misconduct - be they violations of the standard norms for publishing original research, publication without approval of all authors, plagiarism, republication of data used previously without acknowledgement, or inappropriate graphics manipulation - will be investigated thoroughly. If, after due process involving the Journal editors, editorial staff and the Journal Publications Committee, a paper is found to contain ethical violations, it will be rejected or withdrawn and the matter referred to institutional officials.
Authors of papers published in the Journal are obligated to honor any reasonable request by qualified investigators for unique propagative materials that are described in the paper. If computer software programs are developed and used in submitted manuscripts, the programs must be made available to the reviewer upon request. The source code or the program must be made available, either commercially or in downloadable form from the authors, if the manuscript is accepted for publication. The Editors may deny further publication rights in the journal to authors unwilling to abide by these principles.
Assoc. Prof.Dr. Eng. Susana ARAD
University of Petrosani, Str. Universitatii, nr.20, Petrosani - 332006, jud. Hunedoara, Phone: +(040) 254 542 580, int.116, 163